Monday, September 15, 2008

Stress and Marketing

I have no idea what I want to do after college, and it's stressing me out. I have a few idea's (and I'd share with you if you'd ask), but I'm not 100% certain about it. I'm excited about graduating, but then again I dread it too. I'm going to miss my friends, classes, and having free time. I feel really good about my classes thus far. I've been working my hardest since I've been in college, so I'm pleased about that.

Being an art student, I learned about techniques that one might use to sell products. Advertising and marketing are some skills that a group on campus (Eagle Eye Marketing) is interested in. I recently joined the group and have been asked to help market area companies. It's something that will help build skills, and give real world experience. Plus, there might be job offerings too. Sometimes we get paid for the service we provide, and I'm asking if others would like to join, or just show up to a meeting and see what it's all about. It's nothing difficult, rewarding, and fun. Something you might think about. If you are interested, you can talk to me, or send me a message. You obviously don't have to be a marketing major if I'm involved in the group. They could always use artist's help to design things.

1 comment:

A Girl Can Always Dream said...

Great post Mark! I don't know anything about this group but I think this is a wonderful idea and hopefully you'll get more art students involved.

After graduation things kind of fall into place. You just have to be persistant and prepare yourself which is what you seem to be doing now.

-Jessica